Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
by Thomas Kelly on Nov 20, 2020
- 8 cups of cornbread
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cups White onion, diced
- 1 cup Poblano, diced
- 1 cup Jalapeno (diced and deseeded)
- 1 cup Red Pepper(diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups diced chorizo
- 1.5 cups scallions, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups cilantro, finely diced
- ¼ cup sage, finely diced
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon Smoky Chili Salt
Add oil to medium sized pot and place on high until oil starts to slightly smoke.
Add diced chorizo and cook for a few minutes until chorizo starts to brown.
Add the rest of the ingredients expect the cornbread, smoked chili salt and .5 cup of both cilantro and scallions. Sautee mixture until all vegetables are translucent (about 10 minutes).
Once mixture if cooked remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl, take cornbread and crumble directly on to the vegetables and mix until cornbread has soaked up any moisture.
Once fully mixed, add the Smoky Chili Salt and remaining scallions and cilantro, and mix one more time.