7 Simple Uses of Chili Salts
by Thomas Kelly on Oct 13, 2013
Let's face it. Every dish needs a bit of salt...even past water. Infuse your meals with a bit of flavor with salt. Transform them even more by using Chili Salts.
What Are Chili Salts?
Chili salts are a delicate blend of the savory and tangy sea salt with the heat and fruity notes of chili peppers. The peppers are dehydrated and ground into flakes. From there, the chilies are muddled with a pestle onto a bed of sea salt to make a versatile spice blend with a bite.
Currently, at The Chili Lab, we offer a popular blend of pequin chilies with ground sea salt. These chili peppers give a zesty and citrusy flavor. If you're a fan of lime and salt, then you will fall head-over-heels for Pequin Chili Salt.
You need to be Salt Bae to sprinkle some love onto your plate. Now that we've introduced you to the beauty that is chili salts, here are a few ways to introduce Chili Salts into your everyday life.
7 Simples Ways to Use Chili Salts
Here are several ways we use Chili Salts at home all the time. There are suggested uses and pairings on the back of each bottle. The reality is, Chili Salts go beyond the packaging if you're willing to g beyond the heat.
Just be sure to check out the flavor profile of the salt. Think about what might taste good with whatever you're cooking. Don't over-think it and have fun. Isn't that what cooking is all about?
- Rub any meat with Chili Salt at least a few hours before you're grilling, sautéing, or baking.
- Toss roasted vegetables with Chili Salt and roast until tender.
- Season your favorite pasta dish with Chili Salt just before serving.
- Finish any stir fry dish with Chili Salt along with soy.
- Use Chili Salt in place of salt & pepper to add a kick to any vinaigrette.
- Cook rice, quinoa, and other grains according to packaging instructions and season with Chili Salt before serving.
- Add Chili Salt to simmering the vegetable soup for added flavor and kick.