by Thomas Kelly on Jul 24, 2015
We’re not the only ones with chilies on the brain. Here are some of our favorite finds from the web this week.
- Meet the 27-year-old chili baron who is singlehandedly jump-starting the growth of shishito peppers.
- This video of a 9-year-old who eats a Carolina Reaper pepper has gone viral (spoiler alert: chilies are hot sometimes).
- Pimenton is the key behind this recipe for barbecue sauce from the New York Times
- Summer is a great time to try your hand at infusing booze, and Liquor.com has several recipes to get you started, including a spicy jalapeño-and-cucumber gin.
- This inventive take on shakshuka, a classic Israeli egg dish, uses tomatillos in place of tomatoes. Take it one step further by swapping out the jalapeños for a different, more unusual chili.