Spicy Sausage Pasta
by Rachel Saez on Feb 25, 2014
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon of diced garlic, optional
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups (1 28-oz ) marinara sauce
- 1 small shallot
- The Chili Lab Salt to taste
- Fresh tiny mozzarella balls, optional
- Place the sausage in a dry, cold saucepan, and cook over medium heat until browned. As the sausage cooks, slice the sausage diagonally.
- Place the marinara sauce in a pan. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Add in sausage, garlic, white wine, shallots and Chili salt. Reduce to low and cook, stirring often, for one hour.
- Cook penne pasta until al dente. Drain well, and combine with the sauce. Topped with cheese if desired.
- It’s as simple as that!