Spicy Creamy Tomato soup
by Rachel Saez on Feb 16, 2014
- 2 (15-ounce) containers, chicken or vegetable stock/broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole plum tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- The Chili Lab Salt to taste
- Place carrots, celery, and unions in a large skillet over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes until golden.
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker for 4 hours, or a pressure cooker for 30 minutes, or cook on a stove top covered for an hour or until veggies are completely soften.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- It’s as simple as that!