Flank Steak and Arugula Salad
by Rachel Saez on Jan 02, 2014
For the dressing
- 2 lemons squeezed (lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (from 1 medium clove)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Chili Lab Sea Salt
For the steak:
- 2 pounds flank steak, set out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- season with Chili Lab Sea Salt on both sides.
For the salad:
- 1 small avocado chopped in cubes
- 1 cup cannelloni beans drained
- 6 ounces baby arugula, washed and thoroughly dried (about 6 packed cups)
- small red union ( sliced thinly)
1. Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and chili lab sea salt in a small bowl. Whisking continuously!
2. Blot both sides of the steak with paper towels, rub with the oil, and season generously with Chili Lab Sea Salt. Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium-high heat until hot, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the steak and cook until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare.Finish cooking in the oven for at least 5 minutes.
4. Toss all the ingredients for for salad in a large bowl then add dressing and top with steak.
5.It's as simple as that!