- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1/2 a cup of baby tomato's halved
- add a half a cup of your favorite herbs
- I used parsley and cilantro
- optional but suggested 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts.
- Piri Piri Chili salt to taste
1. Equal parts water to couscous. Bring the water to a boil add in couscous then turn it off. Cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Now you are going to incorporate all the wet ingredients together. The olive oil,
Dijon mustard, honey, fresh lemon juice. Make sure to drizzle the olive oil slowing so that the other liquid ingredients are immersed well.
3. Chop cucumber in small pieces. Slice the baby tomatoes in half.
4. Add all the Veggies into the wet ingredients and toss together.
5. Roughly chop your fresh herbs and give it a quick toss with the veggies.
6. Now take your couscous and fluff it up with a fork, just like rice you never want to use a spoon. Now would be a good time to season the couscous with the Chili Lab Piri Piri Sea Salt. Season to taste!
7. The warm couscous is going to go into the veggies. At this point the warm couscous will soak up the flavor of the dressing.
8.Fluff up all together. Served Chilled. It's as simple as that!